Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My relative. Cornelius O'Neil.



I'd like you to meet Cornelius O'Neil, he's from my Irish side.

This is a picture which a good friend of mine uncovered while image searching.  I don't know how he found the picture because it's hung on an oak mantle of a grandiose cabin deep in the northern forest of Wisconsin.

As you can tell, he was beautiful.  Women sang songs of warning about him and men sang songs in general.  He lived with a touring whistler band that swooned the hearts of hummingbirds (colonial talk for crowds of slaves who came up with soul songs by humming them while they worked the fields) using only puckered lips and tonal duality.

Sometimes I wonder who I would've been had I been around for that photo.  As you can tell, he dressed well in colonial layers with a fashion forward victorian esque edge.  

Sadly, Cornelius's reign was cut short by pneumonia. He survived, but it killed his lung capacity which short handed his career. 

Bet you didn't know I was that cool, or at least my blood is.


Final note on Cornelius, you may have heard his most famous song, it's the jingle at the end of the Old Spice spots.




0 comments:

Post a Comment